Executive Assistant, part-time- The Executive Assistant runs the daily business of the school office in a timely and calm manner. In addition to clerical support and answering phones, the Executive Assistant is the primary person responsible for maintaining and problem solving information technology, managing on-line assessment data and reports, tracking fundraising campaigns, and maintaining communication systems. Hours are 7:30am to 12:30 on school days.
TEACHING POSITIONS for August 2016
Teacher for the Hearing Impaired- Desert Sky is seeking a certified HI teacher for approximately 1 hour a week, to work with students at our K-5 school.
- Circus Arts – An experienced Circus Arts teacher for tumbling, hoops, diabolo, rolling globe, spinning plates, juggling and/or unicycle is sought for 2 afternoons a week for a month or more.
- German or Spanish – A qualified Foreign Language teacher is expected to draw on their own personal experience, as well as incorporating song, movement, dance and games to facilitate student learning and comfort with conversation. The Foreign Language teacher works with the faculty on a school festival: specifically, Dia de los Muertos (Fall) or Fasching (Spring). Must meet Highly Qualified Criteria such as Bachelor’s degree plus passing score on proficiency assessment, or a state teaching certificate for foreign language. This is a suitable position for a teachers who seeks the freedom to develop a creative foreign language curriculum that is Waldorf-friendly (without cartoons, computers, or recorded music).
Substitute Teachers – Sought for intermittent work throughout the school year. Must have fingerprint Clearance Card, Bachelor’s degree, and classroom experience. Orientation session required to be placed onto the substitute list.
All positions are for the 2016-2017 school year. School starts August 17 and runs through May 27. In-Services and trainings may be required prior to the start of the school year.
All positions for hire – teaching and administrative-, require an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Department of Public Safety. It can take DPS up to 8 weeks to process a new application.
Desert sky is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission, or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. Desert Sky does e-Verify for employment eligibility. Desert Sky is an at-will employer.
Questions? Contact Shelly Adrian at DesertSkyShelly@gmail.com
HOW TO APPLY
Our application: DSCS.Employment Application
Your complete application includes:
- A letter of interest that states what position you are applying for, why you are interested in the position, what relevant background you will bring to the position and how you learned about our school and/or Waldorf education.
- A resume with relevant experience and training
- Three references either their letter or phone number to call to speak with them.
Applications are accepted by mail or by email or fax. Walk-in applications are not accepted.
Mail to: Desert Sky Community School, 1350 N Arcadia Ave, Tucson, AZ 85712
Email to: DesertSkyShelly@gmail.com In the subject line of the email please state: the name of the position for which you are applying.