Notice of Nondiscrimination
Desert Sky Community School affirms it does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status in any of its activities or operations. The anti-discrimination statement is published at our website and promotional materials, and is affirmed on our annual 990 tax form.
Notice of Accessibility
Desert Sky Community School, wherever possible, ensures that all its electronic online materials are accessible to and usable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or who have other sensory impairments.
If you find that information here is not accessible or usable to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-745-3888, and we will provide you with that material in a format that is accessible and useable to you.
Parent Visitation Policy
Parents considering enrollment may contact the school office to arrange a tour with the Enrollment
Director. The purpose of the tour is to provide the parent with information about the school and the
educational program. Enrollment tours are usually scheduled for 9am on Thursday.
Parents of currently enrolled students may contact their teacher to arrange a classroom visit or
observation. Current parents are expected to bring any questions or concerns to the class teacher directly
by requesting a teacher meeting, sending an email, or speaking with the teacher outside of the classroom.
During a classroom visit, the teacher is engaged in teaching and will not be available to answer questions
or have a conversation. Current parents may find that their student may be uncomfortable, anxious, or
embarrassed by their parent’s presence in the classroom, or they may seek the parent’s attention.
Parents of current and prospective students are expected to visit the classroom during the school day in a
manner that does not interfere with learning, and does not threaten the health and safety of the students
and staff, including their social emotional wellbeing. Here are some guidelines:
● All visits must be scheduled in advance.
● All visitors must check in at the front office.
● Toddlers and preschoolers are disruptive to the K-5 learning environment and are not allowed to
visit the classroom. (They are just too cute and the students want to play with them, and the
classrooms are designed as safe spaces for elementary school children.) Quiet babes in arms are
● While it is impossible to be a ‘fly on the wall’ in the classroom, all parent visitors are expected to
be quiet and discreet, without engaging with the students or teacher unless invited by the teacher
● No visits will be scheduled during assessments.
● No visits will be scheduled in the first few weeks of school as the students and teachers are
getting acclimated to the campus, to classroom procedures, and to each other.
● Please turn off cell phones, and do not use cell phones on campus in the presence of students.
● Do not bring weapons, drugs, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nor violent or disturbing images to campus.
● To maintain our child-appropriate learning environment, please refrain from words or gestures
that may be surprising, scary or threatening, or negative comments of any kind.
● Please abide by our fragrance-free policy to respect those with sensitivities.
● Please do not bring food or snacks on your classroom visit.
● Please hold your questions about your observation until you are outside the classroom, and
address questions to an administrator or teacher.
● The teacher or enrollment director can end the visit at any time.